Low-Carb Diet: 44 Zero-Carb Foods and 6 Tips to Stick to This Diet
A low-carb diet includes foods that contain low levels of carbohydrates as those present in sugary foods, bread, and pasta. You must know that no diet is 100% carb-free, but in this post, you’ll find a diet whose net carb content is less than 1 gram per serving – an amount of carbs considered to be as good as zero.
Researchers suggest that this particular diet is one of the best low-carb diets that can help you lose weight and improve your overall health.
Checking the labels on the food products you buy is always a good idea!
- Organ meats
- Pork rinds (an exception to the processed rule.)
- Most types of cheese
- Heavy cream (extremely low carbs)
- Sesame oil
- Sunflower oil
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Peanut oil
- Safflower oil
- Corn oil
Almost all of them containing 0-1g net carb per serving.
- Chicory family (escarole, endive, radicchio)
- Leafy greens (arugula, lettuce, spinach, kale, Swiss Chard, Bok Choy, turnip greens, etc.)
- Fresh herbs
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Mustard (not the honey varieties)
- Vinegar (not balsamic)
- Different types of hot sauce
- Regular/full-fat mayonnaise
- Tea (no sugar or milk)
- Diet soda
- Drink mix powders (like Crystal Light)
- Herbal tea
- Coffee (no sugar or milk)
6 Consumption Tips
Here are several tips about eating zero carb food!
1. Foods from animal origin don’t contain carbs, so they are the best foods to consume. They include meat, dairy, and eggs.
2. If you eat these carb-free foods from animal origin all the time, you’ll stay full for longer, thus prevent crave for other food products.
3. Consume enough fat to maintain high energy levels and be full for longer.
4. Try to avoid sweets at any cost.
5. Always drink water and not juices or soda to quench your thirst. The group of zero-carb beverages also include Seltzer water, unsweetened coffee, and unsweetened tea. As you can see, you’ve got options to choose from, so see what works best for you. Still, try to choose water in most cases, and consume enough of it throughout the day.
6. Stop counting calories and eating when you’re not really hungry.