Amish Black Salve – The Recipe For The Most Powerful Healing Ointment!
The Amish are famous because of their rigid way of living, without any medicine or modern technology. For treating some health issues, they only use natural alternatives. One specific remedy is the amazing black salve that is used in the treatment of inflammations, infections, ulcers and cysts.
Other people also use it for cystic acne, ingrown nail, hair and is very efficient in removing glass and thorns from the skin. Although black, this salve could be easily rinsed and is stainless. It’s especially useful bites from spiders because it removes the toxins, dark spots and blemishes.
This salve could be used for children since it is absolutely a natural balm.
What you need for Amish black salve:
- Three tsps. – macerate of comfrey, plantain (see the instructions below for its preparation) and calendula. It is loaded with antioxidants, has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
- Two tsps. – Shea butter whose anti-inflammatory properties penetrates deeply in the skin.
- Two tsps. – coconut oil. This natural food nourishes the skin and heals it faster.
- Two tsps. – beeswax, adds medicinal ingredients to the salve.
- One tsp – vitamin E oil, heals the skin and provides many other benefits.
- Two tsps. – activated carbon powder. It removes toxins and bacteria from the body.
- Two tsps. – kaolin clay which extracts the toxins and chemicals. Bear in mind not to mix it with a metal object.
- One tsp – honey which provides moisturizing and antibacterial properties.
- Twenty drops – lavender oil that regenerates the skin and relieves from pain.
How to prepare it:
1. Start with the macerate. Take a tsp of each plant, chopped into powder and half a cup of olive oil. You can prepare it two manners.
First way: place the plants in the oil for four weeks and strain them.
Second way: heat the oil altogether with the herbs on the lowest heat until it gets dark. Strain the mixture in the end.
2. Combine the macerate with coconut oil, shea butter, vitamin E, honey and beeswax in a jar that was previously placed in water.
3. Heat the water until it boils and mix the ingredients with a wooden spoon until all of them dissolve.
4. Remove the water from heat and add the lavender, kaolin, charcoal and mix them well.
5. Fill small jars or tins with the salve and let them stay.
6. Keep them tightly sealed and use it for specific health problems.
How to use this balm?
First of all, clean well the affected area and then apply the balm. Secure it with some bandage or gauze.