How to Lighten Skin Naturally
Yogurt, a by-product of milk, has many nutrients that are good for the skin. It also contains lactic acid that has bleaching properties. The following remedies are suitable for all skin types.
- Gently rub plain yogurt onto your skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily for several weeks to notice a significant change in your complexion.
- Alternatively, mix one tablespoon of fresh yogurt with one-half tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture on your face and neck. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Do this daily to improve your skin tone and complexion. Health.
- You can also add a little lemon juice and some oatmeal to yogurt to make a thick paste, and apply it as a face mask. This remedy will also help keep your skin supple and moisturized.
The most important ingredient in skin care is vitamin C, which you can get in abundance from oranges. Plus, oranges have bleaching properties that can lighten your skin tone. Health.
It has been found that regular consumption of fresh orange juice can greatly improve the overall texture of your skin as well as its suppleness. To lighten your skin, oranges can be used in two different ways.
- Combine two tablespoons of orange juice and a pinch of powdered turmeric. Apply this mixture on your face and neck before going to bed. You can also apply it on your hands and legs. Wash it off after 20 to 30 minutes. Do this daily.
- Grind dried orange peels into powder. Mix one tablespoon of the powdered peels with one tablespoon of plain yogurt to make a paste. Apply the paste on your skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water. This will help lighten spots and other marks on your face. Do this once or twice a week, but no more than that.
3. Gram Flour
Gram flour is one of the best ingredients for people who wish to lighten their skin complexion. Health.
It contains various nutrients that help keep your skin very healthy. Using the remedy below every other day will help remove excess oil from your skin while retaining your skin’s natural moisture…
- Mix some gram flour with a small amount of water or rose water to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on your face, hands, and legs.
- Leave it on until the paste dries. Then wash it off with water.
Honey helps bleach skin while also acting as a moisturizing agent. Dry skin is a common factor that contributes to an uneven skin tone. Honey also has antibacterial properties that can help fade age spots and acne scars.
- Apply pure honey to your face, leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. This simple remedy will help remove dead skin cells, making your skin appear brighter and fresher than before. Do this once daily.
- To make a skin-lightening mask, combine one teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice, one tablespoon of powdered milk, and one-half teaspoon of almond oil. Mix them well and apply it gently on the skin. Leave it on for 10 to15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. Do this every other day.
The acidic property in lemons works as a natural bleaching agent for the skin and the high amount of vitamin C in them encourages new cell growth. Also, lemons have antioxidants that are very good for skin complexion…
- Dip a cotton ball in freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply it directly on your face. You can even rub a cut lemon directly over the affected skin and allow the juice to stick to the skin. Leave it on for at least an hour and then wash your face with water. Do this once daily. This simple remedy will surely lighten your skin complexion and can also prevent the development of scars on your face.
- Mix three teaspoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of turmeric powder. Apply this mixture on the skin and leave it on for half an hour. Wash it off with water. Do this once daily. Health.
- Alternatively, mix together one teaspoon each of lemon juice, powdered milk and honey. Apply it on your skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off. Do this daily or every other day.
Note: When using these remedies, be sure there are no open wounds on your skin. The acidic nature of lemon juice can cause pain in open wounds. Also, lemon juice may not be suitable for sensitive skin or if you are allergic to lemons.