3-Ingredient Powerful Medicinal Tonic You Can Make To Detoxify Your Liver And Kidneys
Detoxification is of essential importance for your health, and you should do something about the toxic buildups in your organisms. Healthy eating habits are crucial, too. Health.
Have you ever heard anything about beet kvass? If you don’t know what it is, we have the answer for you. It’s a healing tonic common in East Europe. It was first made from stale bread using a simple fermenting technique. The tonic is fizzy, rich, and healthy. Health. That’s pretty much everything you’ll need to know about this tonic, but we’ll give you some more.
Beets are the base of this tonic. This root vegetable is nutritious and healthy. It’s a common ingredient in homemade remedies. It has the power to cleanse your liver and kidneys. Beets will also take care of your digestion.
Kvass is something Russians have been preparing since forever. It’s made from stale ry bread. Of course, every region uses different recipe. You can find a jar of beet kvass in every Ukrainian home. It can be added to soups, borscht, and vinaigrettes. Health.
The process of fermentation increases the nutritional value of beets. It improves your intestinal health, since you get some good probiotics and enzymes. This will also help your body absorb all the nutrients from the food you eat.
One shot of beet kvass twice a day will purify your blood, enhance digestion, improve bowel movement, alkalize blood, cleanse liver, remove kidney stones, etc. Health.
If this is what you’re looking for, just keep reading, we give you the original beet kvass recipe.
Beet kvass recipe
The preparation doesn’t require any great effort. You’ll get it done within a few minutes, but the fermentation process will take several days. This recipe will provide about six servings of beet kvass.
- 4 organic beets
- 1 tbsp. Himalayan salt
- Filtered water
- Lemon, orange, ginger or other spices to taste
You will also need a half-gallon jar.
- First, wash the beets. You don’t have to peel them. Cut them into cubes, and fill up your jar.
- Pour in your filtered water, but make sure you leave an inch space from the top. Add salt and your flavorings.
- Cover the jar with a cheesecloth, and secure it with a rubber band.
- Let the jar rest on your kitchen counter for 3-5 days. Room temperature works just fine. Check the content every day, and remove the foam that appears on the surface.
- Your beets are done fermenting when your tonic gets a nice, deep red color. You should also notice fizzy bubbles at the top. Remove the cheesecloth, and put on a lid. Seal it well, and store the jar in your fridge. The fermentation process will continue.
Take 3-4 ounces of your tonic twice a day to detoxify your body, and provide regular bowel movement.
Beet kvass is easy to make, and it’s one of the simplest ways to heal your body. If you’re trying to mend your digestive system, make your own beet kvass today. Health.