Raw Vegan Almond Joy Cheesecake (Recipe)
We are one of those coconut-crazy people! We admit, Almond Joy’s (Bounty Bars if you are in Australia) have always been a favorite of ours so we felt a little inspired to recreate these flavors into a raw vegan dessert.
That nutty base, chocolate layer hidden under that creamy coconut layer, topped with lightly toasted almonds and coconuts… Need we go on?
- 1 ½ cup nuts – almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup Medjool dates (about 6-8)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Raw Chocolate Layer
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ – ½ cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Top with raw chocolate pieces or drizzle with raw chocolate (optional)
What to do:
- Soak 2 cups of cashews overnight.
- Line a spring form cake tin (we used one with 20cm diameter, you could also using mini cake molds or a square, rectangle tray)
- Place all base ingredients into a food processor and blitz until fine and crumbly.
- Press down evenly into your lined cake tin to cover the base. Place in freezer to set while you make the chocolate layer and filling.
- To make chocolate layer, mix together maple syrup, cacao powder and coconut oil.
- Remove your base from the freezer and pour on chocolate layer. Place back into the freezer for a few minutes while you whip up your filling.
- Place all filling ingredients in a food processor and process until nice and smooth.
- Remove base from freezer and pour over the coconut filling, smoothing out in an even layer.
- Freeze cheesecake for at least 3 hours.
- Keep cheesecakes in the freezer until 30-40 minutes prior to serving.
- Just before serving lightly toast almonds and shredded coconut together. Top your cheesecake with this before serving.