Remedies For Varicose Veins
Cayenne pepper is considered a miracle treatment for varicose veins. Being a very rich source of vitamin C and bioflavonoids, it increases blood circulation and eases the pain of congested, swollen veins.
- Add one teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder to a cup of hot water and stir it well.
- Drink this mixture three times a day for one or two months.
Horse Chestnut Seeds
The seeds of horse chestnut have been used for ages to treat varicose veins. Horse chestnut seeds have anti-inflammatory and anti-swelling properties that can successfully increase ‘venous tone’ and in turn reduce the appearance of varicose veins.
Horse chestnut seed extract has a compound called aescin that improves the elastic strength of veins and prevents the release of enzymes that damage capillary walls.
A review of clinical studies by the Cochrane Collaboration found that horse chestnut extract is an effective short-term treatment for symptoms of varicose veins.
- You can purchase horse chestnut seed gel available in the market. Use the gel externally on the affected area twice daily. When used regularly, it can significantly reduce leg pain and swelling.
- You can also take horse chestnut supplements. The most common dosage is 300 mg twice daily. Do not take raw horse chestnut as it contains large amounts of a toxic compound known as esculi
The beautiful marigold flower is a rich source of flavonoids and vitamin C that stimulate the production of collagen and aid in cell repair and reproduction.
It also helps improve circulation, thus helping alleviate various symptoms of varicose veins.
- Boil one cup of marigold flowers in four cups of water for five minutes.
- Soak a cotton cloth in the solution and place the cloth on the affected area. Leave it on until it completely cools.