Beer is one of the oldest and widely consumed type of alcoholic beverages that people used to drink with certain meals, especially in Europe and North America. Beer abounds in great amounts of vitamin B and protein in contrast to wine while they share the same antioxidant content.
Hops, the major component of beer is an important source of flavonoids which are powerful antioxidants. Beer is rich in certain minerals that are very important for various metabolic processes in the body.
If you consume beer in moderate doses, it will provide many health benefits for your body, such as:
1. Beer protects the kidneys and keeps them healthy. It is a highly beneficial beverage because a bottle of beer can reduce the risk of kidney stones by 40%.
2. It is high in fiber which will help you reduce the level of LDL cholesterol.
3. Beer can boost your levels of vitamin B. The experts point out that it contains several B vitamins such as vitamin B1, B2, B6 and B12. They also claim that those people who drink beer have 30% higher levels of vitamin B6 than those who do not. These levels are twice as high as those of people who drink wine. Beer is also a potent source of vitamin B12.
4. Beer strengthens your bones. The high levels of silicon improve and strengthen the density of the bones.
5. Beer is an excellent cure for insomnia due to the nicotinic and lactoflavin acid content which improves and promotes the quality of sleep.
6. Beer is a very beneficial beverage because it reduces the risk of heart attack. The experts claim that people who drink beer have 40-60% reduced risk of heart attack than those who do not.
7. Beer provides a strong protection from blood clots. It prevents the onset of blood clots due to its highly beneficial properties.
8. According to the experts, the beer is a great memory booster. A recent study has pointed out that those who drink beer have minor chances of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia in contrast to those who do not.
9. Beer will also help you fight stress. Experts from the University of Montreal have found that 2 glasses of beer per day can reduce the level of anxiety and work-related stress.
10. Beer makes the skin more beautiful and youthful which makes it a perfect drink for ladies. This is because of the vitamins in beer that can regenerate and revitalize the skin thus positively affect the process of pigmentation. A bottle of beer will make your skin suppler, smoother and shinier than ever before.