Layered Mexican Chicken Salad
- 2 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes (from 5 to 6 tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes (from 5 to 6 tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 15-oz. can unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce (from 1 head)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast (about 7 oz.)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- 3/4 cup prepared guacamole
- 2 ounces lightly crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds) Tajín seasoning, optional
1. Make pico de gallo: Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt, cayenne, 3 tablespoons of the lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together beans, cumin, and remaining 1 tablespoon each lime juice and oil.
3. Divide half of pico de gallo (about 1/4 cup) among 4 large glasses or pint jars. Top each evenly with romaine, chicken, corn, guacamole, tortilla chips, black bean mixture, and remaining pico de gallo. Top each with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon pepitas. Sprinkle with Tajín, if desired.