Eye infection home remedy
Eye infection home remedy
This is one of the most common conditions which can affect people of any age. It can affect one or both eyes and it can be due to allergies, viruses and bacteria. There are many different types of eye infections such as dacryocystitis (it is a type of eye infection that occurs in the tear duct), keratitis (this infection involving parasites, fungi or bacteria is caused due to the presence of a foreign body in our eyes which lead to injury to the cornea), orbital cellulitis (in this type of eye infection, the tissues surrounding our eyes become infected and this is a dangerous condition that can lead to many lasting problems), blepharitis (This type of eye infection is happening when the tiny oil glands which are near the base of your eyelashes become clogged and your eyelids become infected. This will lead to burning sensation and intense itching. Also it can make you feel that you have something in your eyes and it cause intermittent tearing.), sty or hordeolum (This type of eye infection is caused by the staphylococcal bacteria which lives on the skin surface. This leads to the formation of a red lump at the base of the eyelash or on the eyelid. This can be painful or itchy.) and conjunctivitis or pink eye (This type of eye infection causes your eye to redden and also it causes you irritation. In the most cases this type of eye infection is due to a virus but in some cases it can be allergic or bacterial reaction). You must talk with your doctor before you start using some of the mentioned eye infection home remedy. You can splash cold water on your eyes a few times per day because this will help you to strengthen your eyes.
Here are some natural eye infection home remedy:
- Green tea: This natural eye infection home remedy has tannic acid which will keep the infections at bay. It can reduce the under – eye puffiness and it will give you a relief from the itchy eyes. Also the green tea has antioxidants and nutrients that will help you to have good eye health. You should soak two tea bags in hot water for a few seconds. You should remove these bags from the water. Then, you should squeeze the excess water from them. You should put the tea bags and the tea in a refrigerator to cool. You should use the cool tea to wash your eyes. Then, you should put the cold bags on your closed eyes for ten to fifteen minutes. You should repeat this eye infection home remedy treatment three times per day until you have noticed that the symptoms are gone. If you do not have green tea bags, then you can use black tea bags.
- Honey: This home remedy has antibacterial properties which will kill the harmful bacteria in your eye that may be a cause for the eye infection. You should use organically raised honey or manuka honey if you want to have the best results. You should mix equal parts of distilled water and honey. You should use a clean cotton ball to apply this natural cure your eyes. You should use this natural eye infection home remedy treatment two or three times per day until you have noticed that the symptoms are gone. Also you can put a drop of honey directly in your eyes. This will cause natural tearing that will help you to rid of the discharge, debris or dirt in your eyes. You should use this eye infection home remedy treatment two or three times per day.
- Colloidal silver: If the eye irritation and itching are caused by bacterial and viral infections, then you can use colloidal silver as your natural treatment. This natural cure has some tiny silver particles suspended in water and when you use it as eye drops and it picks up the infected cells by attracting them electromagnetically. Then, these infected cells are sent into your bloodstream to be eliminated. You should put two drops of colloidal silver in each eye and you should blink a little. You should use this natural eye infection home remedy treatment two times per day until you have noticed that the infection is gone. Also you have another option and that is to buy over – the – counter colloidal silver ointment and you should apply this natural eye infection home remedy treatment to your eyes to prevent the itching.
- Saline solution: If you want to rid of the eye infection, then you should use homemade saline solution. If you use saline solution rinse, then this can help you to rid of the itchy, inflamed and irritated eyes. It can control the infection and it helps wash away debris collected in your eyes and also it will ensure you that this infection will not spread. In one cup of water you should put one teaspoon of salt. You should boil this home remedy. You need to let this home remedy to cool completely. You should use home remedy to thoroughly rinse the affected area. You should do this natural eye infection home remedy treatment a couple of times per day. If you have distilled water, then you should use it because the tap water may have impurities and chemicals.
- Eyebright: This is a very effective herbal treatment for eye infections and irritation, especially if you have pink eye or conjunctivitis. The eyebright has fluid – drying and infection fighting properties which can speed up the healing process and they will prevent the spreading of the eye infection. There was one study in which was shown that a single – dose eye drops is effective for many conjunctival conditions. In one cup of water you should simmer one teaspoon of eyebright herb for about ten minutes. You should allow this eye infection home remedy to cool. Then, you should strain it and you should use clean cheesecloth do previous step. You should use this natural cure as eye wash. Use it a couple of times per day. Also you can use homeopathy euphrasia 10% eye drops if you want to rid of the eye inflammation and irritation. You should put a few drops in each eye few times per day until you have noticed improvements in your condition.
- Warm compress: One of the most effective natural remedies for conjunctivitis or styles is the warm compress. The heat from the warm compress promotes healing and it increases the blood circulation to the area. It can help you to reduce the swelling and pain and it can prevent further infection. You should dip a clean and lint – free towel in hot water. You should wring the excess liquid of it. You should hold the warm and moist cloth on your closed eyelids for five minutes. You should repeat a few times more throughout the day. You should use a clean cloth to clean any scales or oily debris that is collected on your eyelashes or eyelids. You should use this natural eye infection home remedy treatment several times per day until you have noticed improvements in your condition. If you have infection in the both eyes, then you should use separate warm compresses for each eye.
- Boric acid: Boric acid can help you to deal with the problems that are related to eye infection such as tearing, a burning sensation, dryness and redness. This natural remedy has antifungal and antibacterial properties which can help you to treat the eye infection and to soothe the irritation. In one cup of filtered water you should put 1/8 teaspoon of medicinal grade boric acid. You should bring this solution to boil and then you should let it cool. You should use clean cheesecloth to strain this solution through it. You should use this natural treatment as your eyewash. You should repeat this eye infection home remedy treatment up to 3 times per day. You should use fresh solution each time that you are using it for your treatment. When you use this home remedy, then you can feel a burning or slight stinging but you will notice that soon it will go away.
- Chamomile: This natural cure has antimicrobial, anti – inflammatory and anti – irritant properties which are making it one of the most effective natural treatments for conjunctivitis. Also it has calmative and soothing properties which can help you to reduce the under – eye puffiness, irritation and redness. In one cup of boiled water you should put one teaspoon of dried chamomile flowers. You should cover this tea and then you should let it steep for five minutes. You should strain this natural cure and then you should let it cool down to room temperature. You should use this natural treatment to clean the outer and inner eye. You should repeat this natural treatment every couple of hours throughout the day. Also you can put chamomile tea bags in your refrigerator. You should put these tea bags on your closed eyelids and you should not let them stay more than ten minutes at a time. This will help you to reduce the swelling. You should use this natural eye infection home remedy a couple of times per day.