Decadent Maca Chocolate Cake
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cocoa; tap out excess.
Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from top of pan; let chocolate cool to room temperature.
Place sugar in bowl of a food processor; process until finely ground. Reserve 1 tablespoon ground sugar.
Beat butter and remaining ground sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Using a rubber spatula, fold melted chocolate into yolk mixture. Fold in flour, maca powder, and salt.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 7 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Calories per serving 254
- Fat per serving 18g
- Saturated fat per serving 9g
- Cholesterol per serving 111mg
- Fiber per serving 2g
- Protein per serving 5g
- Carbohydrates per serving 22g
- Sodium per serving 61mg
- Iron per serving 2mg
- Calcium per serving 40mg