Brain Tumor – Symptoms, Risk factors and different types
When cells which are close to your brain or they are inside your brain are having mass or abnormal growth, then you are suffering from brain tumor. There are different types of brain tumor which can be found in many patients. There are cancerous tumors such as malignant and also there are noncancerous tumors such as benign. Primary tumors are beginning in your brain while the secondary or metastatic tumors are beginning in some other part of your body and they are spreading to your brain. The speed of growth of tumor is different in different patients. The growth of the tumor has effect on your nervous system and the function of your nervous system. There are many different types of treatments for brain tumor. The treatment is depending from the location and size of the tumor.
Brain Tumor – Symptoms and Risk factors
There are many signs and symptoms of brain tumor which are depending of the location and size of the brain. Also these signs and symptoms are depending from the growth of the tumor. Here are some signs and symptoms of the tumor:
- Hearing problems
- Gradual loss of sensation or movement in an arm or a leg
- New onset or change in the pattern of headaches
- Speech difficulties
- Personality or behavior changes
- Headaches that gradually become more frequent and more severe
- Difficulty with balance
- Seizures, especially in someone who doesn’t have a history of seizures
- Unexplained nausea or vomiting
- Problems with your vision where we can include double vision, blurred vision or loss of peripheral vision
When to see a doctor? If you are feeling some of the mentioned symptoms, then you should visit your doctor. Your doctor will make some tests to be sure for the level of your disease. Also you should tell your doctor if you have some family member with brain tumor. If you have used some medicines or natural remedies, then tell this to your doctor.
The right cause for the brain tumor is not known. Doctors are making many studies in which they want to prove the real cause for the tumor. Here are some risk factors that can be cause for the tumor:
- Your age: As people are getting older, they are having increased chances to get brain tumor. In the most cases this type of cancer is appeared in the older adults. But also you should not be surprised if you see younger people with brain tumor. Even the older adults are having the biggest chances to get tumor, but also the young people are having risk to have this disease. Also there are some types of tumor which can affect children.
- Exposure to radiation: People who were exposed to ionizing radiation are having increased chances to get brain tumor. Examples of this type of radiation are the radiation from the atomic bombs and also the radiation from the radiation therapy for people who are suffering from some type of cancer.
- Family history of brain tumors: People who have some family member who has brain tumor are having more chances to get tumor. There are some genetic syndromes which can be reason for this type of cancer.
Primary brain tumor: Here are some examples of primary brain tumor which are beginning in the brain and after that they are spreading to the some part or parts of your body:
- Gilomas: These types of cancers are beginning in the spinal or brain cord. Here we can mention the next cancers: oligodendrogliomas, astrocytomas, oligoastrocytomas, glioblastomas and ependymoma.
- PNETs: These kinds of bone cancers are rare. They are beginning in the fetal cells in the brain.
- Germ cell tumors: This kind of cancer is developing in ovaries and testicles in the children after they have formed.
- Meningiomas: Meningiomas is taking part of the brain tumors which are qualified as noncancerous tumors. Meningiomas is starting from the membranes which are surrounding your meninges.
Cancers that are beginning in other parts of the body and they are spreading to the brain:
People who have some family member with brain tumor are having increased chances to get secondary tumor. These types of cancers are happening more often than the primary types of cancers. Here are some secondary types of cancers:
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Colon cancer