The Best Homemade Keto Tortillas Recipe
The Best Keto Tortillas Recipe. These tortillas will lessen your desire for bread and pasta. Of course, taste is a little different, but unlike regular tortilla, these keto tortillas contain little carbohydrate. And this fact is important for us.
The second relevant fact is that they are Paleo, low-carb, keto, sugar-free, dairy-free, egg-free, grain-free, gluten-free, and low-calorie. So they are perfect for vegan and diabetes nutrition.
- Hands-on 20 minutes
- Total time 1 hour
Yields – 10 tortillas
The best keto tortillas – Recipe
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup flax seed, ground
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp whole psyllium husks
- 2 tbsp chia seeds, ground
- 1 tsp Himalayan or another salt
- 1 cup water, lukewarm + 2-4 tbsp if the dough is too dry
- 2 tbsp lard or extra virgin coconut oil or ghee – for greasing the pan
- 1 tsp paprika + ¼ Tsp chili powder (+ 0.1 g net carbs per serving)
- ½ Tsp onion powder + ½ Tsp garlic powder (+ 0.2 g net carbs per serving)
- ½ Tsp curry powder + ¼ tsp ground cumin + ¼ tsp turmeric powder (+ 0.1 g net carbs) OR
- ½ Tsp dried oregano + ½ Tsp dried basil + ½ Tsp dried thyme + ¼ tsp dried lemon zest or 1 tsp fresh lemon zest (+ 0.1 g net carbs per serving) OR
Note: You can make 10 regular tortillas (8 inches), or 5 large tortillas (12 inches ).
Related post Tortillas Instead Of Bread In The Low-Carb Diet
Instructions how to make keto tortillas
- Place the flax seeds, coconut flour, almond flour and psyllium husks into a bowl.
- For best results make sure you use whole psyllium husks. Using whole husks makes the tortillas more compact and flexible.
- Add any of your favorite seasonings.
- Add the ground chia seeds. To grind them, use a blender and pulse until powdered.
- Pour in the water and mix until well combined using your hands. If needed, add a few more tablespoons of water. Be careful not to use too much, or the dough will get too sticky and difficult to roll. Let the dough rest in the fridge or on the kitchen counter for up to an hour.
- Remove from the fridge and cut the dough into 6 equal pieces. Place a piece of the dough between two pieces of baking paper and roll out until the dough is very thin. Alternatively, use a nonstick silicon covered roller and a silicon mat.
- Use an 8-inch lid or bowl to cut out the tortillas.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and the cut off until you get 10 tortillas. If you have any dough left, use it for making nachos.
- Preheat a heavy-bottom pan greased with just 1 teaspoon of ghee or lard.
- Therefore, place the tortillas, one at a time, on top of the hot pan and cook over a medium heat on one side for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned. Turn on the other side and cook for 30-60 more seconds.
Note: Don’t overcook or the tortillas will become too crispy and will lose their flexibility.
- Grease more when needed and repeat for the rest of the tortillas.
Nutritional values (per one keto tortilla)
- Total Carbs – 7.3 grams
- Net Carbs – 1.5 grams
- Protein – 5.1 grams
- Fat – 14 grams
- Energy – 165 kcal
- Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (13.3%), fat (82.7%)
- Weight Watchers 4 Points