Colorful Keto & Gluten-Free Breadsticks
In my house, Friday is a day of fasting. So we eat all, except red meat, eggs, dairy… So this breadstick was perfect as a snack. But I usually eat them instead of bread. House was full so I didn’t catch the time to write about them. These amazing breadsticks look so complicated, but believe me, they are so easy. The recipe is low-carb, keto, paleo, gluten-free, egg-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free.
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 20 minutes
- Cooking time – 30 minutes
- Passive time – 5 minutes
Yields – 15 breadsticks
Colorful Breadsticks – Recipe
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¾ cup flax seed (ground)
- 2 tbsp whole psyllium husk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds, ground
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt or another salt
- 1 1/2 cup water, lukewarm
- 2 tbsp lard or extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1.5 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon powdered sweetener mixed with 1 tablespoon water
Instructions how to make breadsticks
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place the flax seeds, almond flour, and psyllium husks into a bowl.
- For best results make sure you use whole psyllium husks. Using whole husks makes the batter more compact and flexible.
- Add the ground chia seeds. To grind them, use a blender and pulse until powdered.
- Pour in the water and mix until well combined using your hands. If needed, add a few more tablespoons of water.
- Be careful not to use too much, or the dough will get too sticky and difficult to roll. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Cut the dough into 3 equal pieces.
- Place a piece of the dough between two pieces of baking paper and roll out until the dough is thin ( 1/2 inches).
- Alternatively, use a nonstick silicon covered roller and a silicon mat. My roller is of wood.
- Take out one piece of paper
- In one cup mixed together water with cayenne pepper
- Spread over the dough with a pastry brush. Sprinkled with sesame seeds
- Cover with a paper
- Turn on the other side
- The other side spread with a mixture of sweetener and water using a pastry brush. And sprinkle with poppy seed
- Cut into the sticks
- And twist every stick ( Movement similar as you squeeze the wet clothes).
- Place on the greased baking sheet or layer with baking paper
- Bake in well-heated oven 30 minutes
Nutritional Information (amount per 1 breadstick)
- Calories – 92
- Total Fat – 6 g
- Total Carbs – 3 g
- Protein – 2 g