Fluoride poisoning is also known as fluoride toxicity. It can be chronic and acute. Fluoride exposure from the environment has been associated with natural contamination of water, soil and rock or from smelting processes or industrial waste. Fluoride compounds have been added to human water supplies at concentration of 1 mg/kg because this is reducing the dental caries. But this recommendation is not universally accepted.
Symptoms of fluoride poisoning
As we know that other toxins are affecting individuals differently, then you should known it is the same case with fluoride. Symptoms of fluoride poisoning can vary widely. They can depend on many factors such as length of the exposure time (whether is acute as in the workplace or chronic as with ingestion of fluoridated water and food), mode of exposure, body burden (overall body accumulation from all sources) and genetic predispositions. Synergetic effects that occur are also involved (such as when fluoride enhances forming even more potent toxins in which is included Aluminum Fluoride that is a dangerous neurotoxin).
Fluoride poisoning can be manifested seemingly harmless symptoms such as dental fluorosis (which are white spots in teeth) or chronic problems such as arthritis joints. Also it can manifest in more serious problems such as cancer or respiratory disease. Also it can be a complex of problems whether chronic or acute. Fluoride sensitivity is not being able to tolerate any amount of fluoride in water, food or even when you are taking showers.
This condition can occur if someone is fluoride poisoned. But also it can occur if someone is sensitive due to toxic exposure to other chemicals, because it has allergy or some other body imbalance. If you have some of the mentioned symptoms below, then this does not necessarily means that you are fluoride poisoned. You need to visit your doctor to determine if you suffer from this condition or not. Here are some symptoms that you can have if you suffer from this condition:
- Thyroid diseases: nodules, goiter, overactive (hyperthyroid or Graves disease) and underactive (hypothyroid)
- Kidney disease: kidney stones, worsening symptoms
- Teeth: loosening or needing to be extracted despite good hygiene and diet
- Skin: blisters, hives, rash on stomach or back within an hour of drinking fluoridated water of after bathing or showering in chlorine – filtered water
- Heart palpitations and increased heart rate without exertion
- Tea drinking: causes gastric pain, upset stomach, heart palpitations or “the jitters” which are similar to strong coffee
- Gum disease: irritated or bleeding gums despite good hygiene and diet. Gums heal when you use unfluoridated toothpaste.
- Cold: temperature below normal, feeling cold all the time, feeling cold soon after a hot bath or shower
- Gastrointestinal problems: upper bowel pain especially after drinking a full glass of water, heartburn, diarrhea without apparent cause, nausea and irritable bowel
- Colic in bottle: fed babies or colic developing when breast – fed babies start solids or are weaned
- Food intolerances that seem to come and go
- Dental fluorosis: white or brown spots on teeth
- Fatigue, weakness and brain fog after bathing or showering in chlorine: filtered water (similar symptoms can occur from chlorine sensitivity)
- Diabetes: worsening symptoms
- Bony, painful lumps where tendons and ligaments attach to bones: Calcifications of connective tissue on X – ray, especially with pain and reduced range of motion
- Fibromyalgia: severe muscle weakness and/or pain with extremely sore spots on various bony areas)
- Eyes: moving black spots (scotoma or floaters)
- Diabetes insipidus (a kidney ailment): excessive thirst, increased water consumption that does not relieve thirst, dry throat and irritated eyes and frequent, dilute urine, especially at night with normal blood sugar findings)
- Arthritis: stiff, painful joints or without swelling, painful feet in morning
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS): especially if it persists when you spend time in an unfluoridated city or switch to distilled water for drinking and cooking
- Asthma: especially after showering in chlorine – filtered water