How to Make It
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir together crabmeat, bell peppers, mayonnaise, scallion, celery, coriander, cayenne, and arrowroot in a large bowl. Add egg whites and stir until well combined. Shape mixture into 10 3-inch cakes (about 1/3 cup each). Place crab cakes on baking sheet. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half the crab cakes and cook until well browned, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook cakes until firm but tender, about 5 minutes more. Transfer cooked crab cakes to a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining cakes. Arrange 1 cup spinach-arugula mix on each of 5 plates; top each with 2 crab cakes.
Combine lemon juice and remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over cakes and greens. Serve immediately.
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat, drained and picked over
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper (from 1 medium bell pepper)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (from 1 medium bell pepper)
- 1/3 cup avocado oil mayonnaise or olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallion (white and light green parts only)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 6 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 5 cups spinach-arugula blend
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice