Now you no longer have to feel guilty about that cup of hot chocolate you have science on your side not only is hot chocolate yummy it is good for you too.
Super Creamy Non-Dairy Hot Chocolate
• 2 tablespoons of raw honey
• ¼ cup high-quality cocao powder
• 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch
• Pinch of sea salt
• 4 cups unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 drop of peppermint oil (optional)
1. Whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, starch, and salt in a small bowl or measuring cup.
2. Heat the milk and vanilla in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat until steaming.
3. Add a couple tablespoons of the hot milk to the cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth. This will help you avoid clumps of cocoa in your hot chocolate.
4. Pour the cocoa mixture into the milk pan, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. It will thicken slightly in this time. Remove from heat, and let sit for 5-10 minutes so it lowers to a drinkable temperature.