Almost everyone is allergic to mosquito bite. But if you easily allergic to different types of allergies, than mosquito bite can be very dangerously serious for you. Mosquito is insect, which is feeding with human blood. The mosquito bite can cause a small lump to develop and usually is very itchy. Mosquitoes are vectors of yellow and dengue fevers, malaria and encephalitis. Their bites are causing allergies to sensitive individuals. The mosquito bite is small hole or the sting itself and also can be visible. If you have an inflamed area around it and it is filled with fluid, than you are having a weal. Mosquito bite can clear up within several hours and also can be safely treated at home. There are many symptoms that can occur from mosquito bites.
Why do mosquitoes bite?
Female mosquitoes are having piercing mouthparts. Female mosquitoes extract the blood from the host with these mouthparts. The protein that is gathered from the blood is used in egg production. Male mosquitoes do not bite. They are not feeding themselves from the blood. Their energy comes from nectars and other sweet substances found in their habitat. Female mosquitoes are puncturing the skin of the host with their mouthparts. After this action, they leave the host skin with hard and itchy bumps. When they are feeding with the blood of the host, they put saliva into their host. Saliva creates the reactions that are causing bite symptoms. Most of the mosquito bite are harmless. Also the symptoms are subsiding in few days. Some of the discomforting symptoms can include soreness, bleeding and swelling of the bite side. Mosquitoes are itchy and uncomfortable nuisance. The most important problem arising from the mosquitoes bites in transmission of viral or parasitic disease. With the most known insects when they are biting we know that there is a risk of secondary infection. This is the case also with mosquitoes bite. Also there is a risk of disease transmission from mosquito bites. The most known infections and disease are caused by the saliva from the mosquito bites. Not only the humans can have mosquitoes bite, but also pets can have the same bites. If your pets are having minor swelling and excessive scratching, this could be sign that your pet has been bitten by mosquito.
Symptoms of mosquito bite:
- Hives (at or around the bite)
- Large area of itching
- Bruises near the site of the bite
- Anaphylaxis (this is a rare, life-threatening condition which results in wheezing and swelling in the throat and requires immediate medical attention)
- Lymphangitis (inflammation of the lymph system)
Diseases caused by mosquito bite
Serious diseases transmit with mosquito bites:
Mosquitoes bites are not only making allergy to sensitive individuals, but also they are transmitting serious disease, such as:
- Yellow fever
- West Nile Virus (Found in the North America)
- Dengue fever
- Encephalitis (brain infection)
- Meningitis (brain and spinal cord information)
Signs: We give you here signs that can include something else, not just allergic reactions:
- Body aches
- Severe headache
- Nausea or vomiting
- Light sensitivity
- Neurological changes (such as muscle weakness on one side of the body)
If you have some of these symptoms, you should go to your doctor. He or she will give you the right medical treatment and will tell you how deep it is your disease. Mosquitoes bites allergies are rare. But sometimes can happen that from one little bite, you have a serious disease. That’s why is important to consult with your doctor for every symptom that you have. If you have some of the symptoms that are listed above, you should go on ongoing treatment from allergy specialist. If you live in mosquito-prone areas, than your chances to have serious disease are bigger. When mosquito-bite is treated properly than the chances to have serious disease is minimal. You should always be aware from the symptoms of mosquito-bite. If you manage to educate yourself enough for the symptoms and causes of these symptoms, than you should not be worried about the chances to have serious disease because of mosquito bite.