This is a seriously yummy breakfast smoothie that is both sustaining and seriously good for you. It feels decadent but know it is doing you so much good!
- Approx. 1.5 cups almond milk (or milk of choice), add more if you prefer a runnier smoothie
- 1/3 cup of walnuts, or about 20g
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao (or to taste, I like my chocolate intense, I added an extra half tablespoon)
- 2 heaped teaspoons maple or rice malt syrup, or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1 heaped teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- 1 heaped teaspoon raw cacao nibs
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of vanilla powder (or essence)
- Pinch salt
What to do:
- Leave half the walnuts and cacao nibs aside. Throw the rest of your ingredients into the blender and blend until really smooth.
- Top with the cacao nibs and remaining walnuts.
- I would recommend making this the night before or at least half an hour before you eat it to allow the chia seeds to soften.