It is not unusual to see dark bikini lines in women, but this doesn’t mean that it is alright to have legs and inner thighs that are much darker than the natural color of our skin.
However, most of the products on the market are very expensive and they also contain some potentially dangerous substances.
This type of skin problem makes people feel very uncomfortable and some of them even lose their self-confidence.
There is more than one natural home remedy that can help you in a situation like this.
The best thing about these solutions is the fact that they are natural, inexpensive and work fast.
10 Dark Bikini Lines Home Remedies
- Yogurt mask and orange peel. Dry some orange peels under the sun and use a food processor to turn them into powder. Add this powder to plain yogurt until you get a paste. Use this paste on the affected are and use lukewarm water to wash the mixture after half an hour.
- Lemon juice and cucumber. Grate a small piece of cucumber. Add a small amount of lemon juice to boost the effects of vitamin C found in cucumber and to improve its whitening effects. Mix these two ingredients well and apply to dark bikini lines. Leave the mixture for about 30 minutes and wash it off.
- Olive oil. Use olive oil regularly if you want to get a lighter skin. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants that can protect and repair damaged skin.
- Water and sandalwood. Pour a couple of drops of water to sandalwood powder in order to create a thick paste. Apply this paste in equal amounts on the buttocks and dark inner thighs. Wait until the mixture becomes dry and remove it with water.
- Mashed papaya. Papaya comes with an enzyme known as papain. This enzyme is known for its skin whitening properties. Mash a small piece of ripe papaya with a fork. Use the mixture on the problematic area and leave it for about 20 minutes. After that, wash it with lukewarm water.
- Lemon juice. Soak a cotton ball in fresh lemon juice and use this highly-acidic liquid to the affected area. Leave it for about 20 minutes which should be enough for the juice to lighten the darker skin. Use water to rinse it and use a very thin layer of olive oil or coconut oil in order to prevent skin dryness.
- Turmeric lemon paste. This paste can be used to enhance the look of the skin and to lighten it. Take only one teaspoon of turmeric powder and put a couple of drops of lemon juice. Mix well and apply on the dark bikini area for no more than 10 minutes. Take a bath after that.
- Almond scrub. Put some almonds in water and let them soak during the night. The next day peel and grind the soaked almonds. Add a couple of drops of fresh milk and you should get a thick paste. Rub the area with this paste to get rid of dark skin layers.
- Sliced tomato. Slice one tomato and massage the affected area. Leave the tomato juice and pulp for about 20 minutes before washing it off.
- Natural wax. Finally, you can try waxing this area. Wax contains citric agents that can certainly help you eliminate dark skin cells and lighten the skin. It is a well-known fact that waxing on a monthly basis keeps your skin lighter and brighter.