Ashwagandha is a powerful herb whose potent anti-oxidant properties keep the skin moisturized, smooth and without wrinkles. Its free radicals protect the skin from UV damage.
Ashwagandha is a Hindu adjective that means “the smell of the horse”. In Latin, Ashwagandha is Withania Somnifera. This is one of most popular Ayurvedic herbal medicine among the people. Due to the incredible health benefits, this herb has a very respectable place in the natural health system such as Ayurveda.
Ashwagandha is usually referred to as the Indian Ginseng because of the powerful adaptogenic qualities which manage external factors such as toxins in the environment.
This plant also helps people manage the anxiety and stress as a result of many lifestyle and dietary problems. It is also popular for its ability to rejuvenate the body and impart a sense of well-being.
It stabilizes and modulates the immune system as well as restores the natural healing strength to fight numerous diseases.
14 Anti-Aging Benefits of Ashwagandha:
1. This plant manages mental problems and improves the memory in patients who suffer from dementia. Also, it delays the damage of the brain cells which are responsible for learning and memory while improving the memory in people who suffer from dementia.
2. Ashwagandha helps people manage high levels of anxiety and mental stress. It replicates acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that elevates mood while relaxing the body and mind.
3. People who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease feel relieved after the regular consumption of Ashwagandha. Its anti-convulsant qualities reduce seizures.
4. This plant is widely used for treating depression and helps you to maintain a positive way of looking. It will relax and in the same time will calm your mind.
5. Ashwagandha is a completely safe herb for consumption and it can be used for a variable time depending your needs.
6. The biochemical and alkaloid properties of Ashwagandha serve as strong antioxidants in the body.
7. Ashwagandha is one of the best anti-aging supplements. It improves the regeneration and rejuvenation of the cells and delays the signs of aging especially pertaining to the skin.
8. By a regular consumption of this potent herbal supplement you will bind the free radicals that are produced as byproducts of metabolism in the body. By this, your body will be protected from the rapid oxidative damage that arises as a result of harmful UV exposure or consumption of toxic food.
9. Ashwagandha possesses strong inflammation suppressing qualities. They help you manage the inflammation and swelling in any part of your body by controlling the release of histamines that stimulate the inflammation in the body.
10. Ashwagandha is very useful even in cases of severe diseases such as cancer where the rapid growth of cells result in excessive inflammation of the organs. In such cases, it prevents the growth of the cancerous cells and prevent their spreading any further.
11. Those people who undergo chemotherapy and radiotherapy should consume this potent fruit because it will rapidly regenerate the cells that are damaged during these treatment procedures.
12. When it comes to cases where there is an excessive production of pain, Ashwagandha will be potent relieving agent.
13. It’s the sterols present in this herb that have a steroid like action on the inflammatory processes in the body.
14. The arthritic pain can cause reduced mobility of the joints and it can further result in permanent damage due to fibrosis. Ashwagandha will be especially beneficial for this purpose.