Now a days air purifying plants have gained special importance in lives of people; reason being, they are the best and cheapest way to keep the indoor atmosphere and ambience as healthy and environment friendly as possible. Moreover, it is also a need of time to pay some special attention towards indoor air purifying because of the presence of excessive hazardous materials in the air especially when you move towards developing and under developed countries. Apart from that, we tend to focus more on house decorations and interiors in modern era as a result we do not even hesitate to use various chemicals and materials which eventually are not good for us to inhale. But these materials and chemicals get amalgamated in the air and later on, cause us troubles and problems. ‘Sick building syndrome’ is a term used for one such situation which has been deteriorating the quality and purity of air over the years.
However, there are multiple ways to purify air by using various humidifiers or air purifying tact but the most effective, convenient and economical way-out resides in plants. Hence, people are particularly conscious about having plants indoor after having considered their importance in enlightening one’s mood and as well as in purifying the air in which the residents breathe.
Now-a-days, it has also been noticed that many people have develop a habit of planting various kinds of plants indoors. Few individuals vegetal them for the sake of purging the indoor air while, few others plant them to appease their internal satisfaction or for the sake of decoration.
After having considered the above facts we will now be listing down top 6 plants which help in purging the air and in making it more soothing for breathe. If you are a home lover or want to have air purifying plants at home then you can see and choose your possible options by going through the enlisted plants. You would feel the difference yourself in your indoor environment after having them placed in your home.
- The first air purifying plant of the list is Areca Palm due to its promising abilities of removing carbon toxins from the air. Moreover, it also keeps and maintains the moisture in air at a sufficient level; hence, contributes towards its humidity in this way. Apart from that, it is also very attractive looking; it is not like you are destroying the look of your house for the sake of purified air. In fact these plants are very handy even when it comes to managing and handling them. They tend to be pest resistant and can flourish conveniently in a semi sun temperature.
- The second plant we have in the list is Lady Palm; it is another very effective air purifying plant which contributes significantly towards purging the indoor air. Apart from that, it is also very easy to manage plant just like areca palm as it is also pest resistant and grows slowly so you would not be having complaints about it occupying more of your indoor space. Further, this plant can survive easily in a semi sun temperature during summers while in winters the room temperature should not be less than 50 degrees
- Third in the list is Bamboo Palm. It is said to be more effective than the above mentioned two plants but it occupies more space and it has the ability to grow up to 6 feet. It is more pest resistant than Areca Palm and is also more effective in removing airborne carbons from the air which pollutes it the most. Hence, they contribute substantially towards purifying air in this way.
- Fourth plant in the list is Rubber Plant. It is famous for the shape and appearance of its leaves. It is one such plant which can survive into low sun environments as well. However, it requires a bit of light to grow and prosper in right directions. This plant is also renowned in removing ubiquitous chemicals from the air. Apart from that, one thing that you should bear in mind is about the height of this plan as it has the ability to grow up to 8 feet which is greater than the bamboo plant.
- English Ivy is another very good and compact option when it comes to air purifying plants. You can hang them in a basket and use them to decorate your indoor by adding an extra zest. They are also very beneficial in removing formaldehyde chemicals from the air. Apart from that, they can also grow in semi sun as well as semi shade temperature
- Last in the list is Gerbera Daisy plant. It makes into the list due to its astounding abilities. It is not only beautiful apparently but it also helps in removing benzene from the air along with the ability of absorbing within carbon dioxide which in turn increases the quantity of oxygen in the air; hence, improves sleep.