Recent studies by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics have shown that post-menopausal women who are prone to high blood pressure can lower it by including a blueberry smoothie in their diet daily. According to the studies, these women experienced a 5% decrease in systolic blood pressure and 6% decrease in diastolic blood pressure.
There was also a 69% decrease in the blood levels of nitric oxide, which helps in increasing the blood flow through the widening of the blood vessels. The cause for the decrease is attributed to the potent flavonoid antioxidant, such as anthocyanins, which is relevant to the production of nitric oxide and reduced inflammation.
– half a cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
– 1 banana
– 8 oz to 8-1/2 oz of hemp milk
– 1 tablespoon of almond butter
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend them until they become smooth.
2. You can add additional milk and blend it again if the smoothie is too thick for your taste.
Try this smoothie first thing in the morning and see if it will help lower your blood pressure.
Do not rely on this smoothie to be your only remedy for high blood pressure. Don’t discontinue any medications prescribed to you by a doctor before