“Golden Milk” is a beautiful, tasty and incredibly healthy drink especially suitable for drinking in the evening, and the benefits are outstanding.
The main ingredient in this recipe is turmeric. The turmeric contains curcumin, polyphenol identified as the essential active ingredient, which reaches over 150 potential therapeutic activity, and includes antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
In combination with the black pepper, the benefits of the curcumin increase considerably.
• Anti-inflammatory activity, antioxidant, antiseptic, analgesic
• Strengthens the immune system
• Helps in the maintaining of the cholesterol levels
• Improves the digestive health
• Detoxification of the liver
• Regulates the metabolism and controls the weight
• High blood pressure
• Memory and brain
• Various skin conditions
• Neurological disorders
• Reduces Triglycerides
By adding black pepper into the dishes seasoned with turmeric, the bioavailability of curcumin is increased for about 1000 times, due to the piperine, the pungent property of the black pepper. Yes, you have read it right, by mixing the turmeric and the black pepper together, the body absorption of turmeric is increased to 2000%!
Step 1 – Turmeric Paste
• 1/4 cup of turmeric powder
• 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
• 1/2 cup of filtered water
Mix all ingredients in a small cooking pot and stir well. Turn the heat to a medium and mix constantly until the mixture becomes a thick paste. It does not take a long time, so do not leave the stove. Let the mixture cool off, and then keep it in a small jar in the refrigerator.
Step 2 – Golden Milk
• 1 cup of almond milk (hemp milk or coconut milk are also a good option)
• 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
• 1/4 (or more) teaspoon of turmeric paste
• Raw Honey
Mix all ingredients in a cooking pot, except the honey. Turn the heat to medium. While you are heating the mixture, you must stir constantly and do not let it boil. Add honey according to your taste.