This is one of the most used vegetables in the world. Cabbage can be eaten in a raw form or it can be added in the cooking. This vegetable is taking a part of the Brassica’s family. Cabbage can be found in oval or round shape. Its taste is known for almost everyone of us.
Also this vegetable can be added in the salads. People should use cabbage because this vegetable is useful home remedy for the many brain disorders and also it is preventing from the Alzheimer’s disease.
Also this vegetable can be used in a treatment of leg ulcers, duodenal ulcers, varicose ulcers and peptic ulcers. You should not be afraid to add this vegetable in your diet or in your cooking because this vegetable is keeping your health and also it is giving you longer life. When people are cooking cabbage, then the Vitamin C can be lost. The best form in which you should consume this vegetable is in raw form. Here are some health benefits of cabbage which will give you an inspiration to use it.
What are the health benefits of Cabbage?
- Cancer prevention: This vegetable has antioxidant properties. These properties are eliminating the free radicals from the body which can be a reason for serious problems in our bodies including the cancer. Sulforaphane, lupeol and sinigrin which are anticancer components of the cabbage are inhibiting the growth of the tumor and also they are stimulating the active enzymes. There was a study in China in which was shown that women, who have consumed cabbage, have reduced their risk getting breast cancer.
- Anti – inflammatory properties: When people are consuming this vegetable, then they are putting glutamine in their bodies. This element is very important for the reducing the effects of the fever, joint pain, inflammation, various skin disorders and irritation.
- Eye health: Beta – carotene which is important part of the cabbage is preventing the macular degeneration and other eye problems when people are getting older. Also this element is delaying the formation of the cataracts. This element has another significant property and that is the reduction of the chances to get prostate cancer which will give you an extra motivation why should you use this vegetable in your diet.
- Weight loss: If you want to lose your weight in a healthy way, then you should consume cabbage. It has many nutrients, vitamins and minerals which are a healthy choice for people who are eating a lot. Also this vegetable has fiber which is giving you full filling. Another benefit of using this vegetable is that is low in calories. In one cup of cooked cabbage it has 33 calories. If you want to lose your weight or you want to stay in a shape, then you should eat lot of cabbage soup.
- Brain health: Also this vegetable has important effects for the brain. Anthocyanins and Vitamin K are boosting the concentration and mental function. Vitamin K is preventing from dementia, neural degeneration and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Bone health: Calcium, potassium, magnesium and minerals are preventing your bones from the bone weakening and osteoporosis.
- Blood pressure: Potassium which is an element of the cabbage will help you to reduce the blood pressure because if you have high blood pressure, you are increasing your chances to get strokes and heart attacks. Potassium has also another important role. It is vasodilator which means your blood vessels are open so the blood flow is easier than before. In this way you are reducing the stress from the veins and arteries. We have mentioned before that this is one of the most important vegetables in the world.
- Skin care and premature aging: Vegetable is a cruciferous vegetable which has many important elements such as sulphur, Vitamin C and anthocyanins. These are antioxidants which are preventing your skin from the premature aging and also they are having big role in the skin care. When you have free radicals in your body, then they can be a reason for spots, skin discoloration and other problems connected with the skin. This is a reason why cabbage should take important part of your diet. Cabbage is very healthy for your overall health and also your skin will be shiny and glow.