Maca powder is a natural powder that has been used for hundreds of years. As a matter of fact, this special powder was used by the famous Incas in order to boost their energy and strength.
According to some stories, Incan fighters used maca powder before battles. With its help, they were able to enhance their strength, fighting abilities, endurance and stamina. Some Incas used it for their libido.
Maca powder was respected by all Incas which is the reason why maca powder was used as a type of payment for a long time. Today, this powder is very popular among professional athletes because it is packed with different nutrients.
What Exactly is Maca Powder?
Maca powder is a product obtained from a root vegetable native to Peru. This powder is loaded with a myriad of nutrients including minerals, vitamins, enzymes and amino acids. Many people in Peru call it the Andean aphrodisiac.
Maca plant’s root is definitely the most valuable element of this plant because it is used for the production of maca powder.
Maca powder is packed with:
- Vitamin E, C, B2 and B1.
- Minerals and useful elements like potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, silica, magnesium, tin, zinc, boron, iodine, sulfur and bismuth.
- Maca powder also contains alkaloids, sterols and fatty acids.
The Health Benefits of Maca Powder
- First of all, maca powder boosts fertility. Scientific studies which included lab rats have shown that after regular consumption of maca powder, female subjects improved egg development and male subjects experienced better sperm count. For many years and even today, farmers in Peru give maca podwer to farm animals in order to boost strength and fertility.
- Maca powder increases energy. The ability of maca powder to increase energy comes from two elements that this powder contains – macaenes and macamides. Maca powder support the battle against fatigue with the help of its iron, manganese and phosphorus content.
- This powder bring balance and harmony among hormones found in the body by supporting the work of the endocrine system. Maca powder supports the production of hormones in a natural way. Hormonal balance is crucial because it affects the outcome of every process that takes place in our body. Maca powder brings almost all the nutrients that our body needs in order to create new hormones. That’s why maca powder soothes PMS symptoms.
- Maca powder makes the body stronger and boosts stamina because it comes with adaptogenic properties and supports adequate response to any type of stress. The reason for its efficiency is simple – it contains specific alkaloids and huge quantities of vitamins and minerals.
- Finally, maca powder is able to boost libido in women and men.