How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment, allowing paper to extend over sides of pan to create handles.
Combine oats, sunflower seeds, and pepitas on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until fragrant and just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in coconut, flaxseed, and spirulina powder.
Stir together oil, sunflower butter, and salt in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Stir in honey and remove from heat. Pour honey mixture over oat mixture; stir well to combine. Firmly press mixture into prepared pan. Chill for 1 hour.
Using parchment handles, remove mixture from pan. Cut into 16 2-inch bars. Serve bars immediately or wrap in plastic and store in refrigerator.
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons spirulina powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup sunflower butter
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- Calories per serving 210
- Fat per serving 13g
- Saturated fat per serving 5g
- Cholesterol per serving 0mg
- Fiber per serving 3g
- Protein per serving 6g
- Carbohydrates per serving 18g
- Sodium per serving 118mg
- Iron per serving 2mg
- Calcium per serving 16mg