Beautiful hands are determined mostly by the appearance of your nails. Certainly, you will not bear the dull and smelly nails because they can make you feel unconfident, especially when you have to join an important meeting when handshaking is an indispensable … On some other special occasions, you also need to show your hands to others to show politeness. However, it will be unfavorable if you show hands with broken or yellow nails. So keeping your nails in good condition is very important.
You will be introduced about the most effective and natural home remedies for dealing with nails problems, strengthening them and growing them fast and effectively. All of the ingredients used are available around you and you can take some of them to apply on your nail regularly. There are just some tiny notices, you will not need to worry about their safety because all of them are 100% natural. So why hesitate? Go for these super effective tips now for strong and long nails as you want.
18 Tips On How To Make Nails Stronger And Longer At Home
1. Strengthen Your Nail With Olive Oil
You nail is strong when it keeps strong color, no odor, and the firm base. If your nail loses one of these factors, it’s time you take care of your nail immediately. But the truth is that so many people out there still don’t get to know how to make nails stronger and longer at home. And the solution is simply taking the use of essential oil like olive oil.
It can be said that olive oil is one of the best methods to treat your weak nails situation. It is a great moisturizer, which can be used to prevent the dehydration in your nail – a very common symptom of your nail’s deterioration. You may not know that one of the main reasons causing your weak nails is the attack of inflammation, bacteria…so if you want to keep your nail strong grow fast, you should really take use of such anti-inflammatory ingredient like olive oil. With olive oil, you nails can also be protected from damage or breakage effectively.
- In the first option, you can apply warm olive oil on your nail, then cover it up with a clean cloth. You can leave it there for 15 minutes and then wash it off with clean water. Repeat this method 2-3 times per day to get strong and healthy nails.
- You can also mix warm olive oil with lemon juice following the ratio 3:1. You mix them well and then soak a clean cloth in this mixture, then scrub it on your nails thoroughly. Leave them dry and cover them up before going to bed. In the next morning, you just need to wash the oil off your nail with water.
2. Strengthen Nails With Tea Tree Oil
“Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. – Confucius“
If you want to know how to make nails stronger, once again, you can continue using another kind of essential oil for the strength and growth of your nails, which is tea tree oil. Tea tree oil, in fact, can be best used in the case you are facing with the damaged nail. In such cases, you would have to suffer from the irritation from the breakage and dryness on your nail, tea tree oil will be the must-have item to repair such situation for you. In the tea tree oil, people find out a great number of antiseptic properties, which can generate to your nails and prevent the fungal infection effectively.
To utilize this kind of oil for strong nails, you should follow these approaches:
- You can mix a little of tea tree oil with some water and then soak your nails in this mixture for 3 minutes. Repeat this action several times per week and your nails will get shiny and strong as you expect.
- One more option for you is mixing 5 drops of tea tree oil and ½ tsp of vitamin E oil or jojoba oil to make a solution. You just need to apply this mixture on your nail and let it dry, then rinse it off with tepid water. Do it once per week to get the best result.
3. How To Make Nails Stronger And Longer With Flaxseeds Oil
There comes another kind of oil that can help you deal with how to make nails stronger. This is an extremely effective way to help you get stronger nails because included in this kind of oil is the high level of micronutrients like vitamin B, lecithin, zinc, protein, magnesium,…which are integral parts in boosting the health of your nails. If you use this oil, you can be sure that your nails’ health will be improved. Moreover, with the omega-3 fatty acids, your nails can surely be provided with enough moisture and nutrition to be away from some normal symptoms of nails’ problems like dry, brittle, discolored, smelly nail… Health.
- You can simply take some flaxseeds oil and massage it on your nails for a few minutes before you sleep at night. Wrap them tightly to let the oil generate to your nail thoroughly overnight.
- You can also consume such oil in your daily diet by adding some flaxseeds oil on your daily cereal and smoothies.
4. Strengthen You Nails With Vitamin E Oil
It will be a shortcoming if the list of methods dealing with how to make nails stronger and longer lack vitamin E oil – a wonderful kind of oil, which is widely used as a beauty treatment. Actually, it is not just used effectively for hair and skin but also an amazing supplement for the strength of your nails.
There is a truth you should keep in mind that vitamin E oil is a great moisturizer, so to cope with normal nails’ problems like dry, split, damaged nails,…you just need to take a relative amount of vitamin E oil then your nails will be provided with enough hydration, strong properties to keep them away from inflammation, fungal infection or other popular infection. In general, to keep strong nails, you should really take use of vitamin E oil.
- Now, take a vitamin E capsule and break it to get its oil
- Then you apply this oil on your nail and don’t forget to massage them gently to let the oil generate to the nails thoroughly
- You should follow this method on a daily basis before going to bed for several weeks to get the best results on your nail.
5. Strengthen Your Nail With Green Tea
Green tea is widely known as a perfect health-boosting kind of tea. It is also widely used as an effective weight-loss treatment. No one can deny such special benefit of green tea but it may make you surprised to know that green tea can also be used as a remedy to deal with nails’ problem.
In case you still haven’t got to know how to make nails stronger and longer at home, then you should take some green tea now to help you out. Because included in the green tea is the high content of anti-oxidant properties, when it is applied on your nails, it will help to struggle well with brittle nails, thereby making your nails look strong, bright and healthy.
- Firstly, you can make a cup of green tea from green tea powder, let it cool down and then soak your nails in it for 10-15 minutes. Repeat this method 2 times per week and you will see how improved your nails’ health is.
- Secondly, you can also try mixing green tea with aloe vera gel or coconut oil, then apply this mixture on your nails 1-2 times per week to keep your nails always in good health.
- Thirdly, you can mix the green tea with a little germ oil and some salt, then you soak your nail in this mixture for a few minutes and dry them. Repeat this method 2 times per week to get strong nails.
6. How To Make Nails Stronger And Longer With Apple Cider Vinegar
As you may know, apple cider vinegar, besides being used as an indispensable part in so many dishes for your good health, is also a great ingredient to treat several health problems and also the external problems like skin, hair, and even your nails. If you are finding out how to make nails stronger, then apple cider vinegar seems to be what you are looking for.
In apple cider vinegar, you can realize the presence of so many nutrients like potassium, magnesium, iron, and calcium, so when being applied to your nail, its health will be improved completely. In addition, included in the apple cider vinegar is the accumulation of anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant agents, then your nails can be protected from normal problems.
You can mix raw apple cider vinegar with some water and then soak your nails in this solution for 5-10 minutes per day for several weeks. Then you will see your nails’ health is improved well.
7. How To Make Nails Stronger And Longer With Beer
Beer is not just a drink to cool down the summer but also used in many beauty treatments. In answering how to make nails stronger and longer at home, beer can help you to give the answer. There must be secret behind the beer that can be employed to strengthen and brighten the nails. And such secret lies in the number of nutrients that are included in beer.
Beer is packed with the high source of silicon, which can be used to deal with weak nails situation. Besides, it is also packed with potassium, selenium and biotin, which are proved to be integral parts in protecting your nails from the attack of external harmful effect. You should take use of any kind of beer following the instruction below:
- Firstly, you need to prepare a tablespoon of beer and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Then you put one tablespoon of olive oil in the microwave to let it warm up the oil
- Mix all ingredients above together to get a solution
- Now, you just need to soak your nails in this solution for 15 minutes
- Repeat this method several times per week to get shiny and strong nails.
8. Lengthen Your Nails With Coconut Oil
There is no doubt that some of you may want to increase the length of your nails fast and to help you deal with how to make nails stronger and longer at home, coconut oil is considered one of the best choices for you to make your dream come true.
As you can see, coconut oil is a kind of oil, which is widely used to stimulate the growth of your hair and increase the tone of your skin. In lengthening your nails, it also follows its own mechanism. It is a great moisturizer so it is sure that your nails will be provided with enough moisture to be away from the dryness situation. Besides, it can help to make your cuticles become stronger and healthy enough to stay away from some nails’ problems like nail fungus or infection.
- You will need to prepare a little warm coconut oil first. Before going to bed, you can use this oil to massage your nails gently to improve the blood circulation thoroughly.
- Alternatively, you can also follow the mixture of many ingredients to make a soak for your nails including organic coconut oil (¼ cup), honey (¼ cup), and about 4 drops of rosemary oil. Mix them well and you can warm it up in your microwave for about 20 seconds. You soak your whole set of nails in this solution for about 15 minutes. Repeat this method 1-2 times per week to get the best result.
9. Increase The Nails’ Growth With Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is another kind of juice with the fabulous level of vitamin C included in it. When taking lemon juice, your nails will not only be improved in the health but also be increased in the length. Moreover, in case you get some trouble with your nails like the odor or discoloration, lemon juice can also be able to help you out.
- You can make nails soak from lemon juice by mixing 1 tablespoon lemon juice with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Warm it up a little bit in the microwave and then soak your nails in this solution for 10 minutes. Leave them dry after that.
- You can try applying a slice of lemon on your nails for 5 minutes and then rinse it off with water. Let them dry and apply moisturizer to finish. You can follow this remedy once per day to get a good result. You just need to remember that if you are having cut or hangnails, be careful to apply lemon slice on them.
10. Make Your Nails Stronger And Longer With Orange Juice
Orange juice is a nutritious kind of drink, which contains so many nutrients helpful for your health and energize your body apparently. But it also possesses another great usage which is to boost the growth and strength of your nails.
As you may know, there is no place enriched with as much vitamin C as orange juice. Such level of vitamin C is the main factor in stimulating the collagen production on your nails making them more and more healthy. Besides, the growth of your nails is also increased remarkably in speed with the presence of folic acid in the orange juice.
- Firstly, you need to prepare a cup of orange juice
- Then, you soak your nails in this juice for 10 minutes
- After that time, you use warm water to rinse the juice off
- Let them dry and apply some moisturizer on your nails after that
- Repeat this method 1 time per day for several weeks to see the greatest results on your nails.