Happy Sunday, folks! It took me many trials and errors, but finally I managed to develop a recipe for an absolutely mouth-watering and rich chocolate caramel mud cake in a mug! Enjoy!
2 teaspoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
1 heaping tablespoon Sukrin Gold (or other preferred sweetener)
1 organic free-range egg
1 tablespoon melted butter OR melted coconut oil
1. Mix the coconut flour, dark cocoa powder and the sweetener in a small cup until there are no lumps.
2. Add the egg and mix well with a spoon.
3. Add the butter and again mix well with a spoon until the batter is smooth.
4. Pour the batter in a greased microwave-proof mug.
5. Heat on high heat for 40 s. The cake should be barely done, there can be batter left in the bottom of the mug that you can use as sauce. Don’t cook too long, otherwise the cake turns out dry.
6. Serve immediately with whipped cream or coconut cream.
Sukrin Gold gives slight caramel taste, but you can use any other sweetener of choice.
Nutrition info (approximate):
In total (makes 1 serving):
Protein: 11.7 g; Fat: 22.0 g; Net carbs: 2.5 g; 257 kcal