The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves and provides your body with movement. Sciatica causes pain, numbness and weakness in the lower limbs. Those suffering from sciatica can feel a mild ache or a sharp pain on one side of the body. Here are some natural treatments that will help you with the sciatic nerve pain.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture is inserting needles on the body. It betters nerve function and gives you more energy.
- Chiropractic adjustments – Chiropractic adjustments is manipulation of the spine in order to relief pain, restore mobility and decrease inflammation in a natural way.
- Packs of ice – Put the ice packs on the painful spot for 20 minutes. Repeat the procedure every two hours until the pain stops.
- Hot pack or hot bath – Take a hot bath or put a hot pack immediately after the ice pack because the nerve is located deep in the body and the ice pack cannot go that deep. This treatment will reduce the inner inflammation by improving your circulation. Add essential oils and anti-inflammatory herbs to your bath for better results.
- Gentle yoga exercises – The pain will last longer if you don’t stay active. Mild yoga stretches will help your blood flow and improve your mobility.
- Deeper massages – Deeper massage with essential oils and herb oils can help you with the pain and numbness.
- Herbs and oils – Fresh herbs, dried herbs or herb-infused oils can reduce the pain and inflammation.
Here are some herbs that you can use for sciatica:
- Devil’s claw
- Turmeric with black pepper
- Jamaican dogwood
- White willow bark
- Mullein root
- Clary sage
- Roman chamomile
- Milky oat tops
- Linden flower
- Enough sleep – Extra rest and sleep will help your nerves relax and heal.
These treatments are classified as effective by people who have tried them. However, if the pain continues, consult a doctor. You may have some other problems that can be diagnosed and treated only by a specialist.