If you’re on a high protein or low carb diet this pizza is perfect for you. Check this high protein pizza crust without wheat or yeast, but delicious and you don’t need a fork to eat it.
Low Carb, High Protein Pizza With Homemade Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 8oz package cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, brought to room temperature
- 1 cup parmesan cheese – shredded or grated
- 1/2 cup sangria
- 16 oz can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Topping options ( your choice)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- sliced pepperoni
- ham …….
Instructions how to make high protein pizza
- At first of all, preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C)
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream cheese, and parmesan and mix well with a fork or spatula. Don’t panic the mix will firm up as it bakes.
- Coat the 9×13″ baking pan with the cooking spray, then spread the mixture to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place pan on a rack in the middle of the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until crust is firm and lightly browned.
- In an another ( medium)bowl, mix tomato paste, oregano, basil, salt, and garlic, then add sangria to thin the mixture to a spreadable, but not too thick consistency. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Therefore, remove baking pan from oven when the crust is lightly browned on top. Stand to cool for a few minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 F (220 C)
- Spread the sauce over the crust, then add toppings of your choice. A mozzarella helps everything stick together. Then covered pizza with a lot of pepperonis.
- Place pan back in oven and bake for about 15 minutes, OR until cheese is bubbling and it looks delicious. Remove from oven and let stand a while; it will be too hot to eat for about 10 minutes.
- Therefore, remove from pan, slice and enjoy.
Protein – 8 g
Carbs – 4 g
Fat – 4 g