- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw medium shrimp, patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbsp.)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (about 12 oz.), halved
- 1/2 English cucumber (about 5 oz.), chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh fat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 medium ripe avocado, chopped
- 12-16 whole Bibb lettuce leaves
How to Make It
Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp ; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook, tossing, until shrimp are opaque and light pink and no gray tone remains, 1 to 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp mixture to a medium bowl.
Whisk lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, and honey in a large bowl. Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly. Whisk in ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Fold tomatoes, cucumber, and herbs into dressing, then fold in avocado and shrimp.
Divide lettuce among 4 plates. Spoon shrimp mixture evenly over lettuce. Sprinkle with pepper.