Unlike canned soups which are made of modified starch, additives (monosodium glutamate or (MSG)) and soy protein, Carrot coconut Soup is made of real whole food ingredients.
What is even more amazing is that this soup is prepared in 30 minutes only! So you need only 30 minutes to be healthier.
They are rich in vitamin K1, calcium, vitamin C and beta carotene. If consumed with other healthy ingredients, the nutrients found in carrots will protect your body against heart disease, stroke and will also help in building strong bones.
Coconut milk is proven to contain vitamins B, C and E, antioxidants, iron, magnesium, potassium and phosphorous. Coconut oil also contains lauric acid, fat which is converted into monolaurin. Monolaurin is a monoglyceride which acts against lipid-coated viruses like herpes, measles, influenza and protozoa like Giardia lamblia.
Bone Broth contains important nutrients which will improve your overall health. It is easily digestible and is also proven to heal the lining of the gut.
They are rich in beta carotene which is a powerful antioxidant important for your immune system. It also reduces the risk of cancer and heart disease.
Turmeric contains curcumin. Curcumin is a polyphenol with amazing 150 potentially healing properties. Among many others it has anti- inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
Ginger is considered to be effective pain killer as it has anti- inflammatory properties. It is also antibacterial, antiviral, anti- parasitic and antioxidant.
- 5 ounce coconut milk
- 4 medium cloves garlic
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons sliced ginger
- 1 cup sweet potato,
- 1 tablespoon + 3 cups bone broth
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon turmeric or curry powder
- White pepper and salt to taste
1. After chopping the onion, leave it for at least 5 minutes to bring out its health benefits.
2. Put 1 tablespoon broth in a pot and heat it. Then add the onion in the broth, heat it for five minutes on medium heat.You must stir the broth often.
3. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for one more minute.
4. Add turmeric or curry and stir well.
5. Add the broth, carrots and sweet potatoes. Bring to simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add the coconut milk.
6. Then blend in batches, while making sure that then blender is not more than half full. Add pepper and salt for better taste.