Not taking proper care of the health of your liver can lead to serious diseases. This vital organ has numerous functions such as producing proteins with the help of vitamin K. These proteins are essential for blood clotting. Another function of the liver is breaking down old or damaged blood cells.
The importance of this organ in all of the metabolic processes in the body is indubitable. The liver is responsible for the production of energy and breaking down of fats during fat metabolism.
The liver is an organ that has the ability to regenerate itself. It is one of the most important organs in a human body which does not require too much care in order to remain healthy.
However, if you don’t take any care of your liver you increase your risk of getting various illnesses and diseases. Also, liver damage can lead to even more severe consequences.
Unhealthy diet, obesity, taking certain medications and excessive alcohol consumptions are the most common causes of liver damage.
Tamarind is a leguminous tree which is indigenous to tropical Africa which has been used in traditional healing techniques in Africa and Asia. The fruit of this tree is excellent for improving the health of the cardiovascular system and soothing gastrointestinal distress. Besides, it also provides many other benefits which is why tamarind fruit is a very powerful natural remedy.
This fruit can help treat almost all liver problems as well as eliminate fat from the liver and detoxify the body.
Some of the numerous benefit that tamarind fruit provides include liver protection, cholesterol reduction, digestion improvement etc.
Recipes for treating hepatitis and fatty liver disease
-Start preparing this remedy by putting two peeled handfuls of tamarind fruit in a blender. Add one liter of water and blend the ingredients well. Strain the mixture and drink the liquid during the day.
-You can also make tamarind tea from the leaves. Take 25 tamarind leaves, wash them well and put them in a pot with 1 liter of water. Boil them for 15-20 minutes and then leave the tea to cool down.
You can add honey or brown sugar in the tea however it is recommended to drink it unsweetened.
You should drink 2 cups of this tea every day, 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening if you want to treat liver problems or improve your overall health.
The following is a list of the health benefits and uses of tamarind
- Improves digestion and reduces constipation. For a quick relief boil some of the fruit and eat a few tablespoons.
- Reduces acidity levels of the body
- Enhances bile function in the liver
- Treats dysentery
- Tamarind tea reduces malarial fever
- Potent antioxidant due to the high amount of vitamin C
- Improves cardiovascular health by reducing bad cholesterol (LDL) levels
- Fights intestinal infections in children
- Reduces hepatitis
- Contains antioxidants such as phenols and naringenin which are capable of treating some types of cancer
- Rich in nutrients such as thiamin, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, calcium, niacin and fiber. This is why tamarind is considered a super fruit.