When women have PMS, then this can lead to changes in their plans. There are many symptoms of this condition such as the irritability, mood swings, bloating, food cravings, anxiety and many others. They can make problems in finishing our everyday activities. When women are in this period, then they also have hormonal imbalance. They want to rid of these symptoms and to make improvements in their mood. There are medications which can help you to rid of these symptoms but also there are many natural cures for PMS.
Here are some natural cures for PMS:
- Calcium, Magnesium and Vitamin B6: This is one of the best formulas which can make you to rid of the PMS symptoms. There are many studies about these ingredients and in those studies is shown that this combination will give you a relief from the pain, mood swellings and other PMS symptoms. One way to fight against chocolate cravings is to consume magnesium. If you have chocolate cravings, then this means you have magnesium deficiency in your body.
- Chromium: This is a kind of mineral which have shown that it can stabilize the blood sugar and insulin levels. This will help you to support the appetite regulation and it will help you to curtail cravings.
- Red raspberry: This herb can help to all women no matter in which stage of their life they are. It can reduce spasms and cramps. In one cup of boiling water you should add one tablespoon of dried red raspberry leaves. You should steep it for fifteen minutes and then you should strain it. You should drink this kind of tea three times per day at least one week before you are in your menstrual period.
- Gingko biloba: There are many studies in which this natural remedy has shown positive effects of improving the memory. Also there are some studies in which is shown that this remedy will help you to reduce the PMS symptoms such as when you have breast tenderness and you have a fluid retention.
- John’s wort: The mild depression and the moodiness which are accompanied with PMS can be treated with St. John’s wort. But this herb can interfere with the birth control pills which mean that they will not be effective as they should be. You need to talk with your healthcare practitioner if you want to use this herb as you natural treatment for the premenstrual syndrome.
- Burdock: This remedy has anti – inflammatory properties which can help you to have hormonal balance during your PMS. It can help you to metabolize hormones such as estrogen and also it can help you to improve your liver activity.
- Wild yam: This is herb which is used for intestinal problems such as menstrual issues and labor pains many years ago. There are also many debates about if this herb affect on our sex hormones. But also there was another study in which people that has high estrogen levels have used wild yam as their natural remedy and they have noticed improvements in their condition.
- Lemon balm: Lemon balm has calming properties which can help you to rid of the PMS symptoms such as insomnia and anxiety. This is one of the most used natural remedies for riding of the PMS symptoms.
- Black cohosh: This herb can give you a relief from the menopausal symptoms but also can help you if you have PMS symptoms. When you have sleep disturbances and irritability which are caused by the PMS, then the black cohosh will help you a lot.
- Maca: This is one of the most used herbs to enhance fertility. This remedy was used by native Peruvians hundreds of years. Women can use this herb when they have symptoms of menopause, menstrual problems and female hormone imbalance. Also if you have PMS symptoms, then you can use maca as your natural treatment.
- Dong quai: This kind of herb is also known as Chinese Angelica. In the traditional Japanese, Korean and Chinese traditional medicine this is one of the most used herbs. This is still one of the most used herbs in China and the main function of this herb is to keep the women health. Dong quai is also known as female ginseng because it can help to many girls who have problems with their health such as fatigue, low vitality, and recovery from childbirth or illness.
- Chasteberry: There are many studies in which this herb has shown to improve many diseases such as headache, anger, depressed mood, constipation, edema, irritability, breast tenderness or pain.
- Plant foods: There are many studies which have shown that women who are in their PMS should consume plant – based diets which are high in herbs, seeds, nuts, fruits and vegetables. They can help them to get a relief from the symptoms of PMS.
- High fiber foods: When women suffer from PMS, then this condition can cause them GI disturbances so this is a reason why you should consume at least thirty grams of fiber every day.
- Ginger: This is one of the best natural remedies for menstrual problems such as irregular menstruation, PMS and cramps. Also there was a study in which was shown that women who have used ginger as their natural treatment have noticed reducing in the severity of their PMS symptoms. In one cup of boiling water you should add one teaspoon of grated ginger. You should simmer this mixture in a period of few minutes. Then, you should strain this remedy and you can also add honey in the mixture if you want to have better taste. You should drink this kind of ginger tea every day. You should drink two to three cups of this tea. You should drink this tea at least one week before your period comes. If you have some kind of problem with your gallstones, then you should talk with your doctor before you use this kind of remedy for your condition.
- Apple cider vinegar: This is one of the best natural remedies for many kinds of diseases. Also it can help you to reduce the PMS symptoms such as fatigue, irritability, headaches, cramping, water retention and bloating. In one glass of water you should add one to two teaspoons of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar. You should add small amount of raw and organic honey in the mixture. You should drink this remedy 1 – 2 times per day.
- Flaxseeds: These kinds of seeds are having an omega – 3 fatty acids which can help you to reduce PMS symptoms such as headaches, breast tenderness, bloating, anxiety and depression. Also flaxseeds have liganans which can balance hormone metabolism and also they can block estrogen. Also these seeds are rich with fiber. You should consume one tablespoon of freshly ground flaxseeds two times per day. You can add flaxseeds in your cooked vegetables, salad, smoothies, cereal and oatmeal. Also you can add other foods that are rich with essential fatty acids such as walnuts, almonds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, eggs, coconut oil and fatty fish.
- Calcium and magnesium: Calcium can ease the PMS symptoms and also it can help you to balance your hormone levels. Also this element will keep the health of your bones and overall health. Magnesium can help you to reduce symptoms such as menstrual migraine headaches, bloating, fluid retention, breast tenderness and food cravings. Both elements can help you to alleviate cramping and reduce stress. You should eat foods that are rich with magnesium and calcium such as seeds, nuts, bananas, blackstrap molasses, kelp, beans and green leafy vegetables. The blackstrap molasses is rich with Vitamin B6, zinc, selenium, magnesium, calcium, iron and many other different minerals and vitamins. In one glass of milk you should add one tablespoon of blackstrap molasses and then you should drink this remedy every single day. Also you can take 300 – 500 mg of magnesium and 1.200 mg of calcium every day. Before you start using these supplements, you need to talk with your doctor about the proper dosage. Also you can use Vitamin E and Vitamin B6 as your natural remedy for riding of the PMS symptoms.
- Exercise: You should exercise at regular base because this can help you to rid of the PMS. There should be done lot more studies about these exercises. In some cases there is statement that if you do exercises at regular base, then you can get a relief from the mood swings and pain. Also it can help you to reduce your stress, improve your overall health, facilitate weight loss and increase your metabolism. Women should exercise four to five times per week and this physical activity should last at least thirty minutes. Also you can do two muscle – strengthening sessions per week. Also there are some cases when women have said that their condition is improved when they have started with aerobic exercise program. You need to rest after you are done with these exercises.