Vaseline is a very popular product based on petroleum jelly This type of jelly is a secondary product of the oil industry. Are you aware of the fact that products based on petroleum are bad for your health?
It turns out that petroleum jelly creates a layer/seal all over the skin which means that the body can’t get rid of toxins with the help of the skin’s pores.
A study conducted not while ago and published on Chem-tox shows that there are many harmful side effects that come from toxic petroleum compounds.
According to this study, it was confirmed that chemicals based on petroleum are producing major attritional effects to our immune and nervous system in case they are used for a long period of time.
Some of the diseases and disorders related to their use include immune system issues, different neurological disorders, child and adult tumors, autoimmune diseases and disorders and many more.
In addition, recent research conducted by the EWG (Environmental Working Group) shows that a huge number of chemical safety assessments in the field of cosmetic industry show that cosmetic ingredients based on petroleum are prone to pollution with a well-known impurity associated with cancer known as 1,4 dioxane.
The good news is that each of us can create natural Vaseline and we need only 4 ingredients to make it.
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- A quarter cup of coconut oil
- Peppermint or tea tree essential oil
- Two tablespoons of beeswax
- Put the coconut oil and beeswax in a small sauce pan and warmt hem over low-medium heat.
- Once they are melted, remove them from heat and pour the olive oil
- Whisk all the ingredients well until you get smooth texture
- Keep whisking until the mixture is cooled down and you get creamy texture.
- Take a jar or some dish to pour this mixture.
The best part is that this natural Vaseline will last between 9 and 12 months.