Chia seeds offer an easy source of plant-based protein, anti-inflammatory omega-3s, and antioxidants to your diet. If you find their crunchy texture a little off-putting on their own, try tossing them into this refreshing morning smoothie. High in vitamin C and boasting more than 10 grams of fiber, this antioxidant breakfast blend gets an extra lift with some chia power.
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and mix until smooth.
- Top of with an extra sprinkle of chia seeds if you wish.