Think about all the stress your joints go through on a daily basis. Bending, squatting, lifting, and even just walking can all put quite a bit of strain on the various joints of your body.
It’s no surprise, then, that joint pain and arthritis are so common in much of the population. Medications that treat this pain are often ineffective or full of side effects. Instead, learn more about natural remedies that can get rid of your joint pain.
Causes of Joint Pain
The cause of your joint pain depends on your family history, lifestyle, and physical health. Being overweight can increase your joint pain, since extra weight puts additional stress on many of your joints.
Furthermore, any family history of arthritis or joint pain may put you at greater risk for this condition. This may indicate a problem with your cartilage or joint structure, which is often passed down genetically.
Working in a physically demanding job or setting can tax your joints over a period of time. This may mean that you need to consider your career options as you age.
Treatments to Try At Home
If you are tired of dealing with joint pain every day, you don’t have to. Try these effective remedies that use natural ingredients, herbs, and plants.
1. Turmeric and Ginger Tea
Turmeric and ginger are two of the best herbs for joint pain. Both have natural anti-inflammatory effects, so they can reduce the swelling that causes such intense pain in your joints. This remedy allows you to benefit from the healing effects of both herbs.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a rolling boil.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Allow the tea to steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain out the herbs and add honey. Drink 1 time per day.
Magnesium is a mineral that many people do not get enough of. A magnesium deficiency can cause persistent joint pain. Simply add more magnesium-rich foods to your diet or start taking a magnesium supplement.
3. Olive Oil Massage
Massaging your joints can be an excellent way to release the tightness in your joints and get some pain relief. Make sure you use extra-virgin cold-pressed olive oil, as this has the highest levels of nutrients and therapeutic benefits.
- Pour a small amount of high-quality olive oil into your hands.
- Warm the oil slightly in your palms.
- Use gentle circular motions to massage each joint that causes you pain, replenishing the oil on your hands as needed.
4. Blackstrap Molasses
Blackstrap molasses may be one of the most under-appreciated natural remedies in the world. Yes, it has a strong taste, but it more than makes up for it with all the nutrients it provides. It acts as a natural painkiller.
- Pour 1 cup of warm water into a glass.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses.
- Drink this mixture first thing each morning for pain relief that lasts throughout the day.