Yogurt, a by-product of milk, has many nutrients that are good for the skin. It also contains lactic acid that has bleaching properties. The following remedies are suitable for all skin types.
- Gently rub plain yogurt onto your skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily for several weeks to notice a significant change in your complexion.
- Alternatively, mix one tablespoon of fresh yogurt with one-half tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture on your face and neck. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Do this daily to improve your skin tone and complexion.
- You can also add a little lemon juice and some oatmeal to yogurt to make a thick paste, and apply it as a face mask. This remedy will also help keep your skin supple and moisturized.
The most important ingredient in skin care is vitamin C, which you can get in abundance from oranges. Plus, oranges have bleaching properties that can lighten your skin tone.
It has been found that regular consumption of fresh orange juice can greatly improve the overall texture of your skin as well as its suppleness. To lighten your skin, oranges can be used in two different ways.
- Combine two tablespoons of orange juice and a pinch of powdered turmeric. Apply this mixture on your face and neck before going to bed. You can also apply it on your hands and legs. Wash it off after 20 to 30 minutes. Do this daily.
- Grind dried orange peels into powder. Mix one tablespoon of the powdered peels with one tablespoon of plain yogurt to make a paste. Apply the paste on your skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water. This will help lighten spots and other marks on your face. Do this once or twice a week, but no more than that.
3. Gram Flour
Gram flour is one of the best ingredients for people who wish to lighten their skin complexion.
It contains various nutrients that help keep your skin very healthy. Using the remedy below every other day will help remove excess oil from your skin while retaining your skin’s natural moisture…
- Mix some gram flour with a small amount of water or rose water to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on your face, hands, and legs.
- Leave it on until the paste dries. Then wash it off with water.
Honey helps bleach skin while also acting as a moisturizing agent. Dry skin is a common factor that contributes to an uneven skin tone. Honey also has antibacterial properties that can help fade age spots and acne scars.
- Apply pure honey to your face, leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. This simple remedy will help remove dead skin cells, making your skin appear brighter and fresher than before. Do this once daily.
- To make a skin-lightening mask, combine one teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice, one tablespoon of powdered milk, and one-half teaspoon of almond oil. Mix them well and apply it gently on the skin. Leave it on for 10 to15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. Do this every other day.
The acidic property in lemons works as a natural bleaching agent for the skin and the high amount of vitamin C in them encourages new cell growth. Also, lemons have antioxidants that are very good for skin complexion…
- Dip a cotton ball in freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply it directly on your face. You can even rub a cut lemon directly over the affected skin and allow the juice to stick to the skin. Leave it on for at least an hour and then wash your face with water. Do this once daily. This simple remedy will surely lighten your skin complexion and can also prevent the development of scars on your face.
- Mix three teaspoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of turmeric powder. Apply this mixture on the skin and leave it on for half an hour. Wash it off with water. Do this once daily.
- Alternatively, mix together one teaspoon each of lemon juice, powdered milk and honey. Apply it on your skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off. Do this daily or every other day.
Note: When using these remedies, be sure there are no open wounds on your skin. The acidic nature of lemon juice can cause pain in open wounds. Also, lemon juice may not be suitable for sensitive skin or if you are allergic to lemons.
6. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera can alleviate hyperpigmentation and restore your skin’s original color. Hyperpigmentation is one of the main causes of uneven skin tone.
Also, the cooling effect of aloe vera helps regenerate new cells and rebuild damaged tissue, which is important for healthy skin. This simple remedy using aloe vera gel can lighten dark spots and improve your overall skin complexion.
- Cut the outer layers of an aloe vera leaf. Squeeze out the thick, jelly-like substance.
- Apply the gel thoroughly on your skin.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash it off with water.
- Do this at least twice daily for two weeks.
If you do not have an aloe vera plant, you can buy aloe vera gel in the market…
Papaya is regularly used in various beauty treatments and can also be used to lighten your skin complexion. Papaya is believed to contain natural bleaching properties and the various nutrients in it will make your skin glow with health.
- Eat papaya as a fruit. The general cleansing properties of papaya will cleanse the skin of impurities that could be causing it to darken.
- Rub the inner part of the skin of a papaya on your face. Allow it to dry. Then wash your face with cold water and pat it dry. This will give your skin a nice glow. Do this daily.
- Mash a ripe papaya and mix it with one cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Massage the mixture all over your face and neck. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes before washing it off with cold water. Do this at least once a week to notice a visible change in your skin tone.
Turmeric is often used to improve skin complexion. It helps build up the kind of melanin content to maintain an even skin tone. Also, turmeric has antiseptic and antioxidant properties that are good for your skin’s overall health.
- Mix turmeric powder and milk cream to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on your skin. Allow it to dry and then wash it off with lukewarm water. When followed regularly, this simple remedy is really effective for skin whitening.
- Alternatively, mix two teaspoons of gram flour, one-half teaspoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mask and leave it on for 20 to 25 minutes or until it is dry. Scrub off the dried mask and then rinse your skin with lukewarm water.
Cucumber binds collagen and ensures that your skin is firm as well as supple. Supple and firm skin often has an even and light skin tone. Cucumber also has a cooling effect on your skin. It is suitable for all skin types.
- Place cucumber slices directly on the dark skin areas in need of lightening treatment. Leave them on for a few minutes, remove them and then rinse your skin with lukewarm water. Do this twice daily.
- Grate a cucumber and mix it with honey to make a spot-reducing mask. Apply the mask on your face and neck. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. Do this twice daily for effective results.
- You can also mix one teaspoon each of lemon juice and cucumber juice. Apply it on your face, leaving it on for 15 to 20 minutes or until it dries. Wash it off with water. Do this once daily.
The best way to encourage the growth of new skin cells to improve your skin tone is to get rid of old skin cells. Oatmeal helps exfoliate the skin, leaving it supple and soft.
- Mix oatmeal with tomato juice and apply the mixture on your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. While rinsing, rub it gently so that the oatmeal can scrub off the dead skin cells. Do this daily.
- Alternatively, mix one teaspoon of oatmeal powder, a pinch of turmeric and a few drops of lemon juice to make a thick paste. Apply it on your face and let it dry. Wash off the dry mask with water. Do this once daily.
Follow these natural remedies to lighten your skin complexion. However, bear in mind that these are very effective but will take time and patience to achieve your desired goal. Also remember that healthy skin is as important as a beautiful skin tone. So, try to maintain healthy skin also.