We all love a nice cup of coffee. However, the latest trend may surprise you. Instead of cream or sugar, people are starting to prefer adding butter to their coffee and many say it’s the best thing they have ever tried.
Others are sceptical, as they believe that butter is not the healthiest product. But, not all brands are bad for our health. To be more precise, grass-fed butter is the only kind you should use. Kerrygold unsalted is the most common brand available in stores, but have you ever thought of grass-fed butter?
Cows are usually soy or corn fed, because it is super cheap and filling. But you would all agree that cows shouldn’t be eating that. What’s worse, they can’t even digest this food properly, and their milk creates fats you don’t want in your body.
Grass-fed cows give the best milk and beef, and the butter is just as good. Here are five reasons to start adding grass-fed butter to your coffee, or to just use however you like:
1. Grass-fed butter is the only kind that contains the right fats to regulate cholesterol and not increase it. It has the best ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, known to reduce body fat, and it is a great source of vitamin K. These facts make it great in reducing heart disease, as shown by many studies.
2. Grass-fed butter gives healthy fats to your brain and body, providing proper creation of cell walls, membranes, and hormones. Butyrate is a short-chain fatty acid, and was once thought to be bad for your health, but today is associated with the prevention of neurodegenerative diseases and increased energy expenditure. It is also anti-inflammatory and prevents heart disease.
3. If you consume you it every morning, it gets your body into the routine of burning fat all day. CLA, or conjugated linoleic acid, contained in grass-fed butter, reduces body fat mass, especially in individuals struggling with obesity.
4. “Bulletproof” coffee provides energy and increases cognitive functions. You can literally feel when it kicks in and will enjoy the effect for six hours, without any crash. When combined with healthy fats from coconut oil, the drink will produce ketones, created when the body produces energy from fat, not from carbohydrates.
5. Add two tablespoons of butter to your coffee and you can replace a breakfast meal altogether. This is a quick alternative for people who are on the go. It will give you essential fats and calories, providing a higher performance blend than carbohydrate sources like oatmeal.
When adding butter to your coffee you get the most delicious creamy drink that energizes your body, and you can actually feel its effect. But don’t stop there.
If you decide to add the best butter to your coffee, why not get the best of everything? According to Dave Asprey, the bio-hacker and entrepreneur who formulated this popular blend, the good quality of your coffee makes a noticeable difference, and by adding MCT oil you will boost your brain’s focus every morning.