Acne is condition when your hair follicles are plugged with dead cells oil. The body acne usually appears on all parts of your body:
Types of body acne
- Neck acne: You should wear shirts in which you will have good ventilation. Also you should avoid all types of shampoo and cosmetic products that can be reason for neck acne. If you have neck acne, then you should change all the detergents that you are using for laundry. After every sweating you should shower. Also you should eat less sugar products. Go to doctor and check your hormone balance to be sure what cause for neck acne is.
- Top of the head: When you are having this type of body acne, then you should wash your hair regularly. But not wash so much because you can affect on your scalp and it will become dry. You should use the right shampoo. This is reason to consult with a dermatologist about what will be the best type of shampoo for your scalp. Also you should not use cosmetic products (in the most cases is meant for the silicon products) on your hair. You can wash your hair with anti-dandruff shampoo. Also it is important to know that if you are wearing hat for too long, that can be cause for scalp acne because when you are wearing hats, then your hair is sweating which can be reason for this type of acne. You should eat properly because you should have good digestion which can help you against this type of body acne.
- Back and shoulder acne: Like we said before, you should eat properly food. Also you should shower after every sweating. Watch for all the cosmetic products that you are using. You should change your sheets regularly. Also you should take at least one sea-salt per week. If you are having acne, you should not touch them because you can irritate them more. You should be sure for all kinds of foods that you are eating.
- Chest acne: If you are having this type of acne, then you should change all the cosmetic products that you are using. Be sure of that your clothes are not tight. You can use natural remedy of apple cider vinegar if you are having this type of acne. For the right dose you should talk with your doctor.
- Butt and Crotch acne: It is very important to have constant hygiene. Do not use lotions that can cause you side effects. Also in this type of acne can be used apple cider vinegar for treating butt and crotch acne. Also this type of acne can be cause by an allergy. Eat food for what you are sure that you are not allergic.
- Arm acne: You should be sure that you are having body acne and not allergy. You should see your dermatologist because he or she will tell you the right diagnose. Also you should shower regularly. You should wear comfortable clothes which will not make you more serious condition.
- Leg acne: You should make changes in your diet if you have this type of body acne. Also you should use shampoo which will not cause you serious condition. Do not use any kind of lotion which can irritate your acne.
Symptoms of body acne
Signs and symptoms of acne can be very different. This depends of how serious is your condition. The signs and symptoms can be some of these:
- Painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin
- Small red, tender bumps
- Large, solid, painful lumps between the surface of the skin
When to see a doctor? Firstly, you should try with home remedies to improve your condition. If this is not helping, then you should visit your doctor. If this is not helping, then you should also look for a good dermatologist who will help you to get rid of acne. You should consult with your doctor for the food that you are taking. Tell your doctor if you had some underlying conditions in the past. Also you should tell him or her if you have used some medicine or natural remedy for your body acne. If you feel difficulties with your breathing, swelling of your lips, face, eyes, tongues and you feel faintness, then you should visit your doctor without any doubt.
Causes: These are the main causes for body acne:
- Clogged pores
- Dead skin cells
- Oil production
Factors which can worsen acne: These factors can be reason for worse condition:
- Certain medications
- Dirty skin
- Greasy foods